Yummers at Creekside.

Food and eating just so happens to be one of my favorite sports. Oh, you say, eating is not a sport. Well, I beg to differ. You need a good gameplan, know your limitations, match your entrees and sides, and most importantly, follow through and finish. Ok, so the sports analogy is a bit weak there, but one thing that is not weak is Creeskide’s new chef Matt Anderson and his menu.

A few of us popped into Creekside for some wood-fired pizzas, gourmet burgers and hearty salads. It is certainly a skill trying to get Creekside’s burger, piled high with beef, avocado, bacon, and onion rings on a fresh bun into the finite space one’s jaw allows. Needless to say, the food was all cooked and presented perfectly – some of it looks so good, you don’t even want to eat it, just admire.  Once those aromas hit, however, taste buds and instinct take over.

Don’t miss Creekside’s new menu this winter – it is perfect for lunch or dinner. Friday and Saturday evenings feature a special holiday buffet menu through December, yet another reason to stop by or make and extra drive up the hill. The menu can be found here.

Are those onion rings I see?

2 burgers piled high

Creekside's gourmet presentation.

When the moon hits your eyes, like a big pizza pie.

Opening Day is Here!

We will open for the 2008/09 winter season tomorrow, Friday November 14 at 9 AM.  Be one of the first to ride our two new high speed quads – Apex Express and Moonbeam Express! The shiny new lifts will whisk you up the hill in just under 4 minutes, which means more turns for you!

Due to some early season snowfall, as well as our snowmaking crew working around the clock, we’re proud to report a 27″ mid-mountain base. To date, we have had almost 3 feet of snowfall on the hill, and with this being Utah, I am sure more is not far off in the forecast.

As far as opening day goes, unfortunately, our ticketing partner encountered unexpected problems with our new gates, delaying delivery. We will be visually inspecting all passes over the next few weeks. In order to do this we will need ALL VISITORS to check in at the ticket office.
We know this is a huge inconvenience for you, and we sincerely apologize. On a positive note, the new gates are very nice and feature 360 degrees of “scanability.” In the future you won’t have to do the “which pocket is my pass in” dance against the turnstile! Once the new gates are in, you’ll thank us…trust me!

Now is the time to let Mother Nature know how much you love her coolest season by dancing, partying and running down to the 2008 Fat Flake Festival Saturday, November 15 from 4:30 – 10:00 p.m. at the Gallivan Center. This year’s festival features music by The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash, Cavedoll and Junior Giant. Be a part of the action by participating in the NEW First-ever ski boot race, vintage ski outfit contest, ice skating and much more. All your favorite athletes will be there to sign autographs including Julian Carr, Rachael Burks, Sage Cattabriga-Alosa and more. Don’t miss out on the chance to win great prizes including an outfit from Eider, Rossignol skis and boots, a Burton snowboard, lift tickets and other Utah resort swag. Join Ski Utah as we call out to the snow gods and welcome winter back to the Wasatch!

Lifts are ready!

Our two new lifts are ready for action!! Moonbeam Express (pictured below) and Apex Express passed their load test, gaining the stamp of approval for Opening Day. Doppelmayr/CTEC did a great job getting two new lifts ready well in advance of opening day, literally starting and finishing the job with snow on the ground, dating back to last April removing old towers. Stay tuned to our website for news on Opening Day, which is slated for November 14 as of right now.

These two lifts are both high-speed quads, featuring a sub-four minute ride up the hill. A nice new surprise once you get up on the hill is the terrain grading we did near the top-station of both lifts, which will make for much more fluid runs.

Check the photo from today – you might notice right now we are testing just how much snow can fall on the bottom station!!