Archive for November, 2009

Monday, November 30th, 2009

You may not know it, but I’m a pretty big deal

So, unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you probably know that The ‘Tude has added three new lifts in two years.  Sure, those other lifts are cool:  Apex gives you sweet access from the Village at Solitude, and Moonbeam has a sweet name, which makes me wonder, what is a moonbeam anyways?  Does the […]

5 Comments » - Posted in Mountain by

Monday, November 23rd, 2009

Fresh snow and sun – Another blue bird day at Solitude!

There are few things in life that go better together than fresh snow and sun.  Luckily, I live in Salt Lake City where I get to experience this combination more often than not.  For those of you who don’t live in Salt Lake City, I apologize. Today up at Solitude was a prime example of […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Mountain by

Wednesday, November 11th, 2009

Powderhorn II Ready for Operation

With the final bolts tightened, tests passed and chairs hung, Utah’s largest on-mountain improvement for the upcoming season is ready for action – Powderhorn II. Powderhorn II starts near the bottom of Sunshine Bowl, travels above a widened Concord ski run, and ends in the same location as the original Powderhorn Lift. Some terrain improvements […]

5 Comments » - Posted in Mountain by

Wednesday, November 4th, 2009

Solitude Ranks High In Ski Magazine Reader’s Poll

Far and away, the most legitimate resort awards program is by Ski Magazine. Being that actual skiers – the readers of the magazine – not editors swayed by advertising revenue and popularity contests, are rating the resorts they frequent, Solitude is proud of the amazing rankings we received. OVERALL – #26. Just being ranked is […]

No Comments » - Posted in Mountain by