Archive for December, 2010

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010

A Little Crazy But Still Fun!

I am not going to lie, the last few days have been a bit crazy. Busiest I have seen either of the canyons since the last major pow storm of Spring 2010. Christmas Day was mellow and definitely low key. Sunday was about the same (all the locals were at church). But, then… Monday and […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Friday, December 24th, 2010

Santa Claus Visits Solitude!

After yesterday’s not so hot day of skiing (i.e. blown power lines, wind and stalled chairlifts) the last of the hazy clouds blew out of Utah and with their deperture the sun once again rose over the snow capped peaks of the Wasatch beckoning skiers and boarders to come up and enjoy the perfect weather […]

Thursday, December 23rd, 2010

How Old Is He….Almost 8!

In the last two days Matt and I have probably been asked that question about 20 times. How old is he? Are you sure he should be in Honeycomb? You are actually taking him into Here Be Dragons? He is so little!!!! Blah, blah, blah. Solitude has been the benefactor of insane amounts of snow […]

Friday, December 10th, 2010

LA Times Feature Story/Video on Solitude.

By Christopher Reynolds Los Angeles Times Staff WriterDecember 12, 2010 Reporting from Solitude Mountain Resort, Utah — At last — a ski area suitable for our readers in the federal witness protection program. Solitude Mountain Resort lies about 30 miles from downtown Salt Lake City, tucked into the same Wasatch range that harbors such famed […]

Monday, December 6th, 2010

Beat the Inversion, Head up the Big

Excerpt from: http://skiingsolitudeutah.blogspot.com/2010/12/beat-inversion-head-up-big.html Yesterday I woke up to a mean inversion. How could the skiing be any good when you cannot see the mountains? Read more here:

1 Comment » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Friday, December 3rd, 2010

Two Girls and a Guy

We all know Solitude likes to pride itself on being a family destination spot. You know… the place where kids are always smiling and parents beam with self gratification at their wise decision to vacay in the solace of one of the most peaceful resorts on planet earth. We give Soli kudos for their laid […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry,Mountain,People by