Archive for December, 2011

Thursday, December 29th, 2011

The Grinch Almost Skied Solitude…Thank goodness I didn’t!

“That’s a noise,” grinned the Grinch, “That I simply must hear!” So he paused. And the Grinch put a hand to his ear. And he did hear a sound rising over the snow. It started in low. Then it started to grow… But the sound wasn’t sad! Why, this sound sounded merry! It couldn’t be […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Thursday, December 29th, 2011

IT’S TIME TO SKI FOR THE AGES

I was reminiscing with friends recently about the way things were when we were young as compared to what our own kids experience today. Rotary phones, typewriters, and riding in the back of pickup trucks are all things of the past. Sadly, today’s kids will never know the joys of when disco was new, mullets […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry,Mountain,People by

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011

Yes, Virginia, there is a sun!

Study the two pictures below. The one on the left is the view of the city. The one on the right is from  Solitude Resort. Both are taken within an hour of each other. Let us begin our examination in comparisons. Both photos have clouds. The photo on the left features a pollution cloud filled […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry,Mountain by

Monday, December 19th, 2011

Powder Turns at Solitude?

I need to apologize, its been a little hectic around my house the last couple of days and so I am a day (or two) late but, hopefully not a dollar short. It seems as if a few people heeded the call and headed up to the Tude over the weekend. There were a few […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Saturday, December 10th, 2011

WE WANT YOU!

Alright, I have been debating for a couple of days whether to post the following words or not. I mean, I have been quietly enjoying my blue sky groomer days all to myself but, I am starting to worry that I am not doing the job that Solitude has asked me to do. So, I […]

3 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by