Archive for December, 2012

Saturday, December 29th, 2012

Happy Holidays!

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” was playing over and over in everyone’s minds last week as the temperatures dropped on Christmas Eve and a large cold front pounded through Utah. The snow started to fall, as if on cue, for the man in red who was traveling through the night delivering […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012

Powder down your clothes and up your nose…Best feeling EVER!

I really should have got something up a few days ago but, with holiday parties, kid’s school, hockey, writing assignments…oh and some GREAT snow conditions, I just haven’t managed to actually put my thoughts down on paper…or I should say cyberspace. So here goes. Unless, you are of the “I hate winter” mentality and are […]

3 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Monday, December 17th, 2012

The Best of Both Worlds

There is nothing short of frustrating listening to your buddy’s voice mail as he raves about the 4th lap on Honeycomb on the Saturday after the dump. Basketball games and Boondocks for the kids today, powder tomorrow. With a little negotiating with the wife a  Sunday morning powder church was in store for me. Arriving […]

Thursday, December 6th, 2012

Paradise on a weekday

There is a first time for everything. I’m not sure if I was looking to seek some humility on the slopes but I was pretty sure my first day on some telemarking gear would give me some. I mean, c’mon. $250 bucks on KSL for boots, skiis, bindings, and even some skins!? Too good to […]

Monday, December 3rd, 2012

Sugar Therapy…Best for Moms

Although monster storm Brutus left us with some decent snow totals, it has been dry and warm ever since. In fact, I have been moping around wondering if it’s about time I gave another winter sport a try? One where there is climate control and where the conditions are always ripe, say, something like curling […]