Archive for December, 2013

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013

Groms with Glow Sticks Ring in the New Year

Cheese pizza, a snow cat ride with your friends, and skiing back down decorated with glow sticks? What more could a kid ask for to ring in the New Year? Youth from the Wasatch area, local cabin kids, and even a few visitors joined us last night for the annual Children’s Glow Light Parade. […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Saturday, December 28th, 2013

Dreaming of White

In my book, Christmas should always be white. Not white sands but white snow. This year, however, the Hodson family decided to spend eight days in sunny Florida right before Christmas. A trip of a lifetime for the boys with a visit to every theme park and landmark that could be found. Blue skies, shorts, […]

Thursday, December 26th, 2013

All I want for Christmas is bluebird powder…and some friends to ski with

Growing up as a skier, every Christmas was inevitably filled with gifts for the sport. Long underwear, ski socks, and new gloves or goggles were often waiting for me under the tree each Christmas morning. My post-present afternoons were spent trying it all out whether in snow caves, cross country skiing, or even snowboarding […]

Wednesday, December 11th, 2013

Finding Joy in Solitude

“If you’re lonely when you’re alone, you’re in bad company.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre I am sure that there is a difference in being in solitude or being alone but sometimes finding the peace that comes with being all by yourself can be challenging. Let me make clear that I like to be alone…a lot, but, […]

Thursday, December 5th, 2013

Discovering Solitude Mountain Resort

Having grown up in Colorado, I had never fully experienced Utah skiing until last Friday when I explored my first Utah ski resort. One of the greatest things about Solitude Mountain Resort is the parking. I’m used to parking a mile away and having to carry my snowboard trekking in my uncomfortable boots (because I […]

No Comments » - Posted in Mountain by