Author Archive

Friday, January 13th, 2012

Every Day is My Utah Ski Vacation

I‘m not going to lie to you, I really like snow. Not in a “Hey look, it’s snowing!” type of way, but more of a “snow flows through my veins” kind of thing. Some may say that I’m addicted to snow, but I’m not. I can stop anytime–but why would I? I’ll take as much […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry,People by

Thursday, December 29th, 2011

IT’S TIME TO SKI FOR THE AGES

I was reminiscing with friends recently about the way things were when we were young as compared to what our own kids experience today. Rotary phones, typewriters, and riding in the back of pickup trucks are all things of the past. Sadly, today’s kids will never know the joys of when disco was new, mullets […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry,Mountain,People by

Monday, March 22nd, 2010

What’s your fantasy?

From the first time I saw Fantasy Ridge, towering high above the east face of Solitude Mountain Resort’s Honeycomb Canyon, I knew that I wanted to ski it . . . I just didn’t know if I had the guts.  You see, Fantasy Ridge isn’t your normal ski run.  In fact, it’s not a ski […]

No Comments » - Posted in Mountain by

Friday, March 19th, 2010

A skier’s best friend

If it’s true that a dog is a man’s best friend, then wouldn’t it make sense to assume that an avalanche rescue dog is a skier’s best friend? I think so! Especially considering that these specially trained dogs bring such a valuable skill and service to the table. And what would that be you ask? […]

2 Comments » - Posted in Mountain by

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010

Time to try something new

I had an epiphany the other day.  Do you want to know what it was?  Of course you don’t!  My epiphany, however simple it may be, is that I’m going to try something new . . . every day . . . or at least as often as I can.  What classifies as something new? […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Mountain by

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010

Solitude Mountain Resort Goes Mobile

Let’s just be honest. You want what you’re looking for as fast as you can get it – especially when it comes to skiing. You want to know what the road & ski conditions are like and what runs are groomed. And chances are, you’re looking up all this information on your mobile device as […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Tuesday, February 9th, 2010

Lock lips this Valentine’s Day . . . Solitude Style

Valentine’s Day is all about love. And what says love more than laying one on your significant other? Especially if the setting, or the elevation, takes his or her breath away! If you’re looking to woo your mate, or simply elevate your love life, pay attention, because I’m about to share some information that is […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Thursday, January 28th, 2010

The Eagle Rants On

Last weekends’ snowstorm brought over 90″ inches of snow to Solitude (yippe!), but it also brought a slew of skiers from Smallwood {you figure out the translation} as well (bummer). The “feel” of Solitude is laid-back, relaxed and unpretentious – and unwelcome change is certainly in the air once our quaint resort is inundated with […]

14 Comments » - Posted in People by

Monday, January 18th, 2010

Satisfy your sweet tooth at Solitude

I think chocolate gets a bad rap. People spend so much time focusing on the negatives that they forget about the positives of this delectable treat. In a way, they’re taking a glass-half-empty approach to chocolate. But by focusing on the negative, they’re missing out on the fact that chocolate may elevate your mood, raise […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Events by

Monday, January 11th, 2010

A taste of Solitude: Hungry Tuna Sushi at The Thirsty Squirrel

Do you consider yourself a fan of sushi?  If so, a mountain resort outside Salt Lake City might not be the first place you’d think to find good sushi.  The whole land-locked and high elevation thing probably plays a part in that.  But if you’re going to let some little things like that get in the […]

No Comments » - Posted in Dining by