Author Archive

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

Fantasy Ridge was Open?!

Fantasy Ridge For the Utah skiers and boarders who have experienced hiking Fantasy Ridge the name elicits memories and maybe even a couple of butterfly’s in the stomachs of all of us.  I was surprised to find that the ridge was open so early in the season!  Solitude is known for it’s fantastic skiing within […]

2 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Tuesday, November 12th, 2013

Veterans Day Skiing

As I arrived at the Solitude Village the bell tower struck eleven and greeted me with tunes that completed the feel of strolling through a small European ski village.  Instead of finding myself in Austria or Switzerland I have arrived at a resort that represents Utah skiing at it’s finest.  After a quick trip to […]

4 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Wednesday, April 10th, 2013

If you only knew……

If you Only knew…. But I’m glad you don’t….. So goes a little sticker I have from years ago from Solitude. In all sincerity April 9th it was like a virtual dream occurring days before the resort will run its last chair, the patrol conducts it’s last sweep, and the skiers ski their last lap […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Wednesday, March 6th, 2013

The Yurt Dining Experienced

Oh what a night…. In today’s world people often look for a unique experience that stands out from the routine that generally encompasses our daily lives. A lot of restaurants claim to provide a unique culinary experience for their patrons but my experience at the Solitude Mountain Yurt was truly outstanding in several ways. In […]

4 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Thursday, February 28th, 2013

Life is just a Fantasy

Fantasy Ridge is OPEN!!   That is what I read today while I sat in the Fire station wishing I was on that ascent to the top of the ridge.  I honestly can’t think of a more exhilarating hike at any resort in the Wasatch.  The route starts at a decent degree of slope and […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Thursday, February 14th, 2013

C is for Carving

It has been about a year since I jumped on a hardboot carving snowboard with my buddy Mark. He has 36 days and counting on the mountain already and is looking forward to alot more. I re-discovered how fun it is to jump on this snowboard whose width is almost as narrow as some of the […]

Wednesday, February 6th, 2013

Any Given Sunday

On any given Sunday you can find a great skiing experience as Solitude. What you will find on the weekends is lot’s of families enjoying the great terrain and facilities on the mountain. It was great hitting the slopes with “Oma” and Aunt Becky who make it a routine of spending the weekend skiing at […]

Friday, January 11th, 2013

Powder Time

What can you say?  Another awesome weekend of powder for the people.  With the Holiday skiing crowd taking some incredible memories of powder home with them,  the locals were having a field day on the mountain this weekend.  With nearly a foot of new snow friday and  the typical Solitude crowds,  the mountain was loaded […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Monday, December 17th, 2012

The Best of Both Worlds

There is nothing short of frustrating listening to your buddy’s voice mail as he raves about the 4th lap on Honeycomb on the Saturday after the dump. Basketball games and Boondocks for the kids today, powder tomorrow. With a little negotiating with the wife a  Sunday morning powder church was in store for me. Arriving […]

Thursday, December 6th, 2012

Paradise on a weekday

There is a first time for everything. I’m not sure if I was looking to seek some humility on the slopes but I was pretty sure my first day on some telemarking gear would give me some. I mean, c’mon. $250 bucks on KSL for boots, skiis, bindings, and even some skins!? Too good to […]