Author Archive

Saturday, December 28th, 2013

Dreaming of White

In my book, Christmas should always be white. Not white sands but white snow. This year, however, the Hodson family decided to spend eight days in sunny Florida right before Christmas. A trip of a lifetime for the boys with a visit to every theme park and landmark that could be found. Blue skies, shorts, […]

No Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Wednesday, December 11th, 2013

Finding Joy in Solitude

“If you’re lonely when you’re alone, you’re in bad company.” ― Jean-Paul Sartre I am sure that there is a difference in being in solitude or being alone but sometimes finding the peace that comes with being all by yourself can be challenging. Let me make clear that I like to be alone…a lot, but, […]

Saturday, November 9th, 2013

First Day Excitement

I remember when I was a kid and my dad would take us skiing at Crystal Mountain, Washington. The resort was almost 2 hours from our home and we would have to wake up obscenely early to be there by nine in the morning. Rising early was never a problem for me because I could […]

Tuesday, April 9th, 2013

There’s Always Tomorrow…(But it won’t be the same)

Walking into the Moonbeam Lodge this morning felt like coming home. After a few ski trips out of state and the new found warmth of spring, it has been awhile since I have clicked into my bindings at Solitude. It’s been much longer than that since I have stopped into the Lodge. Of course, I […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013

Groundhogs Don’t Know Anything and 25 Things About Me

Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog, who predicted an early spring by not seeing his shadow, is a knucklehead or at least the people who believe in groundhog weather prediction are. In fact, we are officially three days into spring and it has snowed each day thus far. Some of you may not be so keen on […]

Saturday, March 9th, 2013

It Just Takes One

Lives can change in the blink of an eye. One second, one minute, one day. Today, all I needed was one hour.   Sometimes, we Utahan’s get lethargic about the resorts which are just a stones throw away. Even those of us who heed the call of winter become passive. We get lazy […]

Wednesday, January 30th, 2013

Dear God, It’s Me Noah

Dear God, it’s me Noah. You know that I am a usually a pretty good kid and you know that I want to grow up and be an honest and good productive member of society. I want you to know that I try my best to listen to my parents, do well in school and […]

4 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Sunday, January 20th, 2013

Control Your Fear

Warning: Crazy Girl Talking. You may not all agree. On Saturday, I passed a milestone with my baby boy (who is not much of a baby anymore but, he will always be my baby) when I convinced him to ski through his first double black diamond gate into Parachute at Solitude. Isaac has taken to […]

1 Comment » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Monday, January 14th, 2013

What Are You Made Of?

It’s not every day that I am willing to call myself out for what I am, a pansy. Yes, I said it, I am a pansy, a wuss, a girl full of excuses. I am not always these things but for the last week or so, I have been holed up at home with no […]

4 Comments » - Posted in Blog Entry by

Saturday, December 29th, 2012

Happy Holidays!

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” was playing over and over in everyone’s minds last week as the temperatures dropped on Christmas Eve and a large cold front pounded through Utah. The snow started to fall, as if on cue, for the man in red who was traveling through the night delivering […]