header header

Fantasy Ridge is OPEN!!   That is what I read today while I sat in the Fire station wishing I was on that ascent to the top of the ridge.  I honestly can’t think of a more exhilarating hike at any resort in the Wasatch.  The route starts at a decent degree of slope and […]

Read More >

Posted by Michael Harp under Blog Entry
No Comments

It has been about a year since I jumped on a hardboot carving snowboard with my buddy Mark. He has 36 days and counting on the mountain already and is looking forward to alot more. I re-discovered how fun it is to jump on this snowboard whose width is almost as narrow as some of the […]

Read More >

No Comments

On any given Sunday you can find a great skiing experience as Solitude. What you will find on the weekends is lot’s of families enjoying the great terrain and facilities on the mountain. It was great hitting the slopes with “Oma” and Aunt Becky who make it a routine of spending the weekend skiing at […]

Read More >

No Comments

Dear God, it’s me Noah. You know that I am a usually a pretty good kid and you know that I want to grow up and be an honest and good productive member of society. I want you to know that I try my best to listen to my parents, do well in school and […]

Read More >

Posted by rachael under Blog Entry
[4] Comments

Warning: Crazy Girl Talking. You may not all agree. On Saturday, I passed a milestone with my baby boy (who is not much of a baby anymore but, he will always be my baby) when I convinced him to ski through his first double black diamond gate into Parachute at Solitude. Isaac has taken to […]

Read More >

1 Comment

It’s not every day that I am willing to call myself out for what I am, a pansy. Yes, I said it, I am a pansy, a wuss, a girl full of excuses. I am not always these things but for the last week or so, I have been holed up at home with no […]

Read More >

[4] Comments

What can you say?  Another awesome weekend of powder for the people.  With the Holiday skiing crowd taking some incredible memories of powder home with them,  the locals were having a field day on the mountain this weekend.  With nearly a foot of new snow friday and  the typical Solitude crowds,  the mountain was loaded […]

Read More >

1 Comment

“It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas” was playing over and over in everyone’s minds last week as the temperatures dropped on Christmas Eve and a large cold front pounded through Utah. The snow started to fall, as if on cue, for the man in red who was traveling through the night delivering […]

Read More >

No Comments

I really should have got something up a few days ago but, with holiday parties, kid’s school, hockey, writing assignments…oh and some GREAT snow conditions, I just haven’t managed to actually put my thoughts down on paper…or I should say cyberspace. So here goes. Unless, you are of the “I hate winter” mentality and are […]

Read More >

[3] Comments

There is nothing short of frustrating listening to your buddy’s voice mail as he raves about the 4th lap on Honeycomb on the Saturday after the dump. Basketball games and Boondocks for the kids today, powder tomorrow. With a little negotiating with the wife a  Sunday morning powder church was in store for me. Arriving […]

Read More >

No Comments

« Previous PageNext Page »