header header

There’s a behemoth of a storm coming…or so they say. The next couple of days should be epic, that’s right, I said it…EPIC! Just in time for all the vacationer’s to rip some serious snow. Can I shed one tear for timing though? I am sorry guys, I am happy for everyone who has the […]

Read More >

Posted by rachael under Blog Entry
No Comments

The moon was hidden behind the frosty mountains as we wound our way over the wooded snowshoe trail to Solitude Resort’s yurt. Three or four of us carried lanterns to assist the group of diners- roughly 20 of us- to the structure located about a mile away from the base of the resort. Energy ran […]

Read More >

Posted by gina under Blog Entry
No Comments

I said I would blog about today and so here I am doing what I do best. “Spraying”, as my old friend, John E. at Atomic used to call it, is what I do so, here goes. First of all, I am not going to say something that isn’t true so, no cherries today because […]

Read More >

No Comments

I wished that I could have been up in the mountains today but, for all you powder junkies who got up there and skied pow all day without me…kuddos to you…you lucky dogs! Howevs, while most of you get back behind your desks tomorrow, I will be cruising over your tracks that are now buried […]

Read More >

No Comments

Although, we are not where we need to be, the canyons are looking a little more white and wintery than they have been the last couple of months. It has been a great week of skiing and I have been so busy making turns that I have all but, forgot about blogging about it. If […]

Read More >

No Comments

That’s more like it… from the Solitude Facebook page It’s hard to get more depressing than rain in January when you live in Utah. Adding insult to injury is that thousands are gathered here in Salt Lake City for the Outdoor Retailer (OR) show this week and the skies in the valley have been dumping […]

Read More >

No Comments

The sheriff was at the bottom of Big Cottonwood Canyon turning around cars so, I knew it was going to be big but, it was hard to grasp the concept of snow when rain had been pouring in torrents throughout the night and there was nothing but fog and water socking in the valley. My […]

Read More >

No Comments

My very first blog of 2012! Yippee! Can you believe it’s been a year since I last wrote? After a long, two week hiatus from Solitude, It sure felt good to get back up in Big Cottonwood Canyon and enjoy some serious sunshine as well as some beautiful turns! I am pretty sure you didn’t […]

Read More >

No Comments

I‘m not going to lie to you, I really like snow. Not in a “Hey look, it’s snowing!” type of way, but more of a “snow flows through my veins” kind of thing. Some may say that I’m addicted to snow, but I’m not. I can stop anytime–but why would I? I’ll take as much […]

Read More >

Posted by Eagle under Blog Entry, People
No Comments

With so many neglected skis gathering dust in closets, there’s bound to be treasure out there for the one who searches in the right places. To this minority, I applaud. While the snow snobs keep sighing over lack of snow, your skis, dripping from melted snow in the back of your truck, have just enjoyed […]

Read More >

No Comments

« Previous PageNext Page »